Friday, May 9, 2008

More work, a Win.

I have got a little further on my BOINK. I had to go out to California for a funeral for my DH's grandfather. The stitching kept me sane while with the outlaws.












When I got back home I decided that because I have so many colors in my BAP Chat Noir (26 and counting!!) I needed a way to organize them. I had been just placing the threaded needle in a peice of felt with a piece of paper attached that gave the number and symbol. It gets really messy and not really enough room. So I put together a needle book made from fabric, card board, felt pieces and a bit of ribbon and a couple charms. The book has about 12 "pages" so I am hoping it will be neater,














I also found out I was a door prize winner from the online Stitching Show. I won a free patternfrom Ink Circles--one of the ones I REALLY wanted!!! I am hoping mine will turn out as gorgeous.



6 Meow Backs:

Rene la Frog said...

BOINK looks great....I really want to do it but haven't even got the fabric yet, can you say "way behind". Love the chart you won. Your needlebook idea is very nice. I use index cards with holes punched in them to organize my threads for projects, I should do a blog entry for them and share how it helps me

sales said...

I like the chart you one and the Boink looks very happy :) The needle book is a great idea!

katrien said...

congratulations on winning the chart, it looks like a great one. Love the needlebook

Milly~ said...

Your BoINK is looking good. Congrats on winning the Triangles chart.

Nancy said...

Congrats on the chart win! Nice progress on BoInk and if the needlebook works for you, I say go for it!!!

jennilynn said...

Ruth, BoINK is coming along nicely. I'm saving all the parts until I have time to work on it. That chart you won is gorgeous.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey