Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blog Re-do, Rough Week, Could use some Advice

Ever have "one of those weeks"? I have. This past week/month/quarter. I am really hoping it gets better from here out.


I did manage to get out on the internet and create a palette of colors and then a pattern to re-do the blog. I liked the three column format; the colors however, needed to go. The colors came from a swatch of fabric:






Then I went to http://www.colourlovers.com/ to create my palette:






and then the pattern you see on the sides of the blog from there. The contents of the blog--type color, headers ect, all came from those colors. I just went inti the code and pulled out the default hex numbers and put in the ones I wanted.

In addition, I have been pretty severely limited in my daily life in regards to the pain levels for about three months now. I have had chronic pain issues for a couple years, but usually nothing worse than the baseline pain and then the occasional flare ups.

In the last three months, I have been reduced to walking with a cane (when walking is a possibility), parking in the handicapped spots with my shiny new red handicapped tags, and generally living in a drug induced haze the rest of the time.


Work has been neglected, as has my stitching. The pain doc is moving up the pain drugs, I am out of epidurals for the year. The neurosurgeon wasn't too keen on the idea of a fusion. Seems there might be a problem with the osteoporosis and the hardware causing more trouble down the long run.

He did suggest a spinal cord stimulator implant, so at the next pain doc appt that will be the topic of discussion. I really detest feeling 80 when I am half that age.

I would like to hear from any of you that live with chronic pain, and what do you do to get through these flare ups? This has been the worst by far. I have never been unable to work, let alone walk.

I could use some advice.

In case you need it, here is the latest score:

malapsorption issues
migraines (controlled now)
GERD (from a prior surgery, not too much of an issue)
osteoporosis
arthritis: hands, wrists, knees, hips, neck, and back (from age 15)
Degenerative Disc Disease
Degenerative Joint Disease
Radiculopathy, both lumbar and cervical
parasethia--right lower quadrant
Chronic Pain
and brain fog from the upped meds.

5 Meow Backs:

headway said...

Ruth, I have dealt with pain almost my entire life, starting with arthritis in my spine at the age of 16. It never gets easy, I am sorry to tell you, but you can manage it, with strong and honest partnerships with your doctors, love and support from your family, and prayer. That triad is unbeatable. Feel free to email me or IM me if I can be of any help.

Hugs, Dee
ILCS

Nancy said...

Sorry no advice, just hope that you can find something to help you cope.

Carolyn said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly. Hope you can find the help you need.

Anonymous said...

Colors look good to me!
Debbie Jo

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey