Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Update

Here it is Sunday, the hours waning way until the alarm clock summons me to work; my stress. I am not going work tomorrow morning I actually have yet another procedure tomorrow morning--a radio frequecy ablation from L1 to S1 in my back. Please pray, chant or dance to whomever answers your prayers for me. This pain has gone on for a couple of years now, getting worse each year. This year too, I also ruptured one of the discs; just to add salt to the wounds, so to speak.

UGG.

Anyway, on to Far more pleasant topics. I have been stitching a bit. I have to do it in segments since I cannot sit too long at a time, so my pace is somewhat slower.

Here is page two of the Carol Lake Diagonal Stitch Class. These are mostly gobelins and its variations:



These stitches are (from left to right):

  • Slanted Gobelin -over 1
  • Encroaching Gobelin
  • Slanted Gobelin-over 2
  • Plaited Gobelin (this one was a real PIA!)
  • Oblique Slav
  • Encroaching Oblique
  • Tied Gobelin (I liked this one a lot)
  • Slanted Beaty

I also put up the dragon for a week or so and pulled out Barfy, I am three blocks behind in the SAL!!! So here is as far as I am today:





And here is the cutest little cross stitch beaded Witch Hat for Halloween. It is called Wanda's Hat--I am going to go back to my LNS (the Needled Canvas--EXCELLENT store with UBER helpful owners--come in if you are anywhere in the Atlanta area) to get Wanda's Boot.

Yes, I know it is close to the edge--it is actually done on perforated paper and will be cut out and made into a pin.




Well that is about it for this week.

5 Meow Backs:

Rene la Frog said...

Love the Witches Hat...very cute

Nancy said...

Your BoInk looks good. Lovely colors. The hat is very cute too. I just love Mill Hill kits!

Kelly said...

All looks lovely Ruth! Sorry to read about your back. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Kelly

Carolyn said...

Hope you're feeling better. Stitching is great. Love the colors on Boink, especially.

Gabi said...

Love that hat. And Boink is looking great too

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey