Sunday, April 19, 2009

Great end of week and weekend

I am still plugging away at Nicole North's Sex and Love scenes class.

I totally suck. Really, really suck at writing these scenes. Of course that was not a surprise to me; I knew I had a problem writing emotion, my background is all in the rarefied , passive world of academic writing.

However, it isn't all bad; I am learning a ton, and her class has given me the confidence to slog through. Practice make perfect.

And at this rate I should be ready to submit for publication rejections in about, say 10, 15 years.......

I just can't find it withing myself to be negative about this. I knew I sucked, that is why I took the class. I do not expect to be perfect in the beginning (and if you know me personally, you know what a HUGE leap that is for me). It is a learning curve.

I also went to an AWESOME workshop with Deb Dixon, author of GMC (among many other books). This book is THE bible for commercial fiction writers. I came out with 20+ pages of notes and a headful of ideas.

I am off to write some more, even practice on my silly love scenes.

1 Meow Backs:

Nicole North said...

Ruth, thanks for mentioning my class! You're doing great! I'm so proud of you for writing and posting your work!!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey