Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dont Faint------Its an ACTUAL update

Dont faint--I have an actual, for real, update. Part of the long delay was the apparent kidnapping of my camera into my youngest daughter's room (it is a pit of doom) and my laptop not being too healthy. I finally took it in a couple days ago--so I am posting from my work computer....shhhhh.....don't tell my boss.


First an update on my long neglected Iris


Still have some frame stitching to do, but it is getting there.

I have also joined the Georgia Regency Society, a chapter of the Regency Society of America.

The GARS had its first event today--a High Tea at Sugar Plums Tearoom in Canton GA.

VERY beautiful setting as it was completely decked out for the Holidays. Very beautiful interior. The tea service was good--loved the little teapot-shaped sandwiches. I do not know what was on it, but they were yum!

GARS is run by the daughter of a very sweet woman I had the priviledge of hiring a while back, so it was a bit of a reunion as well. 

I would love to say I made my gown and chemise, but I didn't. I bought on eBay from a very wonderful woman who CUSTOM-MADE it for me. Her name is Wendy, and you can find her here

There were about 18 of us, all in early 1800's costuming--I think we all had a blast! 


6 Meow Backs:

Carolyn NC said...

Glad to see you posting! Love your Iris and the tea and gowns are stunning!

Emily said...

My, my, but don't you look elegant. Glad you had fun, it's fun to get a night out. Iris is looking good.

5 Foot Runt said...

Oh my gosh it looks like so much fun!

Rene la Frog said...

Love the Iris! They were one of my Mom's favorite flowers.

The tea looks like it was really fun and the costumes add so much to it.

Nancy M said...

Looks like a fun time and your iris looks very pretty!

lettyrburrage said...

辛苦了!祝你愈來愈好!..................................................

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey