Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bast Cradle You Jax


I lost one of my fur-babies today.


 Jax had a second bout of urinary blockage, I got him into the vets on Saturday, they have treated him for this before, so I had every reason to expect another full recovery. Except that he didn't. He went into a dazed state, responsive only to pain. We kept hoping. His BUN was 179 today; normal is 36.







We talked with the vet, and decided to ease his pain, if not mine. I was with him at the end. We have a paw print in clay. 


Bast, Sekhmet, we give you back your child.
Noble, regal, honorable cat.
Watch over him, and guide him on his way
to the spirit world.
May he be blessed in your names,
and hunt ever after beside you

I have loved you from the day you came into my life,
and now it is time for me to let you go.
I could not watch you suffer,
I could not see you in pain.
Now you are free.
Your body is no longer sick,
or weak, or hurting.
Now you can run with the others,
playing and hunting as wild things do.
Because I loved you,
I had to let you go.
You will live forever in my heart
(both poems from Patti Wigington, About.com Guide)

Now if I could just stop crying.

4 Meow Backs:

Carolyn NC said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Ruth. ((HUGS))

friend said...

來看看你囉~blog很棒! ........................................

EvalinaMaria said...

I am so sorry. He looks like a lovely kitty. Ruth, if ever you would like to stitch his photo, just ask - I have a software that converts photographs to cross stitch charts.

Ruth M. said...

Evalina,

that is so sweet! I would be interested, would you email me> ruth.molenaar@gmail.com


Ruth

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey