Sunday, September 26, 2010

Reassessing goals

I have been thinking about my life lately. Its a pretty good life; my kids are mostly grown, and we all have a good relationship. My husband and I have been married over 25 years--not all of it roses, but overall, pretty good, and better now than ever before.




I am surrounded by four-footed babies. I have a good job, that I like and have  friends at work and at home.

All in all, sounds like I have a great life, and I have no complaints true, but I fell like I am missing something.



I have chronic pain, and several other conditions that create pain. I am always in pain, despite pain meds and trips to the pain clinic. I am at the point where the docs say this is as good as it will ever be.

It does impact my work and family life, and my internal balance, because I want/need to be productive. I am sure it takes a toll on the family as well.



I stitch, but not as much as I need to , or want to. Some of that is time management--some days I come home from work and crash for a couple hours, some of it is pain in my hands, some of it is the brain fog I have some days.

I write, both fiction and non-fiction, and would LOVE to make my living writing. To that end I have been trying to clear my mind and body as much as is possible to have the time and focus to write.


I have been writing, both genres, and the more I do it, the easier it has become--LOL, not necessarily better, but easier.


Does anyone else write? Make their living from home? I would love to hear from you.


0 Meow Backs:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey